Skip to main content

tv   The Ingraham Angle  FOX News  August 12, 2019 11:00pm-12:00am PDT

11:00 pm
>> sean: i know my mom as a prison guard had all this forced overtime, but they were all corrections officers. all right, trace, thank you. we will never be the destroying trunk mediat mob, we will be te other side, hold those accountable, investigate the investigators. let not your heart be troubled. jason chaffetz is filling in for laura.tucker is off, laura is ot is this, serve 60-week and hannity has to work? what is all that about. >> please, take some time off, i would love it. >> i'm like the suck their comes in every night and take invest little vacation. what's wrong with me?i'm distri. what's wrong with me. >> jason: and you do the radio for three hours and you do this for three hours, nobody can keep up with you. >> sean: i love our country, we are at a tipping point.all hands on deck. this will you go g on through 2020.
11:01 pm
mark my words.have a good show. >> we have trey gowdy, and of course trey gowdy is on. >> of course, if chaffetz is on, it's gowdy. >> this guy owes me. he owes me and i'm going to milk that for everything that it's worth. have a good show. >> jason: i'm jason chaffetz and for laura ingraham and this "the ingraham angle" from washington. after two weeks, there's no sign that the democratic fanatics and the liberal media has calling trump racist and former house oversight chairman trey gowdy is here with who fired peter strzok. you will want to hear this, nobody has heard it before. plus, new questions tonight about how millionaire jeffrey epstein died, and it could it have been prevented? sounds like there's some breaking news that trace gallagher also has that we will be getting into later in the show. former fbi and department of justice officials are here to
11:02 pm
weigh in. also, high school tennis star suing over religious discrimination. her father is here for a "the ingraham angle" exclusive. but, first, it's been two weeks and counting, and if you thought the democrats would tone down a vicious race baiting, think again. it all started earlier this month when president trump tweeted about the city of baltimore's downfall.the left pp was racist dirk might what residents told our guests last weak how do you feel about the president's comments? >> me, personally, i want him to say things like that because it is true. >> what do you think about what's being said it? >> it's sad but it's true. >> the crime, it's very high. >> after the two recent mass shootings in el paso and dayton democrats went into overdrive
11:03 pm
trying to tie the trump administration to the tragedies. they didn't stop over the weekend. >> we have a president with a toxic tongue who is publicly and unapologetically embraced the political strategy of hate racism and division. >> he's a racist. that's always been in the background. he is encouraging not just racism but the violence that follows. >> a person in the white house seems to be someone who has racist sentiment. >> one joining me to respond is south carolina senator tim scott. i had the pleasure of serving with senator scott in the congress, i appreciate you joining me tonight. when you hear that montage and also see the residence there in baltimore, what runs through your mind? what your perspective? >> senator scott: there is no doubt that president trump is
11:04 pm
not a racist and the facts are very simple. without any question, if you look at his legacy it will be has accomplishments in office frankly helping in many, many ways african-americans. think about the fact that we've all heard how low the african-american unemployment is, the lowest recorded in the history of the country. but, more importantly, a racist would never talk about criminal justice reform and it benefits disproportionately help african-american men. he would never hear a racist talk about opportunity zones and how they came onboard at full throttle because he wanted to help poor or disadvantaged communities and most of them consistently african-americanan. and, you never hear a racist talk about providing more research authority and more resources towards the sickle cell anemia,a disease that impas
11:05 pm
disproportionately african-americans in this country, but what do you see is president trump signing that legislation. what you do smell -- not hear but smell, is fear. you smell fear on the left. they've been using the race card every time there's a presidential run. hear john mccain, racist. mitt romney, racist.george w, r. why do they continue to find that narrative? they understand the lowest common denominator in politics is fear and division. president trump has been able to deliver policies that have promoted, encouraged and inspired growth in the african-american community economically in a way that no president has done in the last 40 years. this president is not a racist. >> and, senator, this is my concern.everybody time the libet
11:06 pm
in a trouble, this is what they yell.racist, . >> yes. >> listen to what donald trump had to say on this topic. >> president trump: i think it shows how desperate the democrats are. that's all they used. to anybody. they called nancy pelosi a racist, she's not a racist. they call anybody a racist when they run out of cards. >> the president right on that? is that what they do when they run out of cards and don't want to talk about policy? >> senator scott: i think it speaks again to that lowest common denominator and if youard you run on the green new deal, on the 4% transportation tax, the financial traction tax? no. what else would you run on? you would run on some tired narrative that the president because he's a republican, has to be somehow a racist. it's inconsistent with reality it's a different dimension that i don't understand and frankly the more you use the concept of
11:07 pm
racism, the more we grow "ism" fatigue in this country and that's a terrible place for us to be. the greatest threat by over using racism is when there is an actual challenge, you cried wolf in the wilderness. one time too many. >> jason: this is horrific and i'm almost embarrassed to show it to you, but there was a radio show host out in kentucky.kentul cameron running for attorney general. and if you look at the quote here, it says my suggestion to mr. cameron is to stop eating the coon flakes the white house is serving. there's been no backlash, i've never heard of them going after him. and they said a couple of things. >> one, the president has endorsed the african-american
11:08 pm
attorney general candidate in kentucky two, you've negative heard a single democratic comment speak out about the absolutely vile comment against daniel cameron. and we will see why trump voters for me in south carolina, damage yes, ma'am ron in the pride mary in kentucky and marco rubio in florida and thank god the democrat's campaign platform leads to a huge victory in 2020. i won't say congratulations, yet, i don't want to jinx it but we're really close. thank god the democrats have nothing tolls run on but barking at moving cars. >> john james. >> westerly hunt in houston. a lot of african-americans running for office this time. >> now, senator, you've announced that in 2022, your next re-election, you are a' not going to run again. >> yes. >> you're not supposed to say that so early.
11:09 pm
he's going to run more time and then not run again, you're not supposed to say that. >> promised made, promised kept. i believe in term limits and one thing i wanted to signal to my voters when i told them i was going run for two full terms, i'm going to honor that commitment. i've enjoyed one of my greatest honors of my life is serving the great people of south carolina, they are my bosses and i'm thankful to be their servant when you made the promise, i have to find something else to do maybe i will join trey gowdy in sweeping up the streets and vow of poverty, whatever you do, i will stick with that. >> it was an honor serving with you and thank you for joining us tonight. >> my honor serve bug, jason, -- serving with you, jayson, thanks a lot
11:10 pm
>> jason: now to the escalating attacks on president trump. here's how kamala harris characterized last week's i.c.e. raids in mississippi. >> this is how this administration's campaign of terror which is to make whole populations of people afraid to go to work. children are afraid to go to school for fear that when they come home their parents will not be there. >> jason: here to respond as matt schlapp, chairman of theamd dennis kucinich.2008 presidenti. i had a chance to serve with you and the congress, as well. cpac had an event down in australia. >> yes, cpac australia. >> we appreciate you being here tonight. kamala harris, senator harris is, talking about this campaign of terror.now, congressman, how-
11:11 pm
are they going to claim this every single week, terror and racism every single time we turn around? >> i think senator scott who we also serve with, he made a good point when we talked about the overuse of the word because it starts to lose meaning. what i would like to see is for my democratic friends to start to say, we are going to address disparities in housing, in healthcare and jobs to the extent that they exist. in that way we start to define what we stand for. using the kind of criticism that has come forward, there is a point at which people just see it as hyperbole and politics instead of going to the deeper conditions that people have to deal with the neighborhood. they want to make a connection to the real lives, not just rhetoric. >> jason: i thought senator scott made a really good point trying to say, you claim this all the time he gets watered down and doesn't mean as much. >> it's like the boy cried wolf,
11:12 pm
right? if everything is racism, one we really have disgusting andgoi worry we won't get the attention of the american people. this isn't just about republicans, though. it's a lot about republicans but it's about nancy pelosi going against the squad, women of color. it's about joe biden and it's--t almost support segregation. it's about all of the top staffers who were fired because it wasn't diverse enough. when he think about people as a group and not as the talents they have as an individual, you have a huge problem. that's not an american ideal. we view people on the individual merits, not the group they are in. this is a big, big thing that we have to address and let me tell you, coming back from australia, this won't shock you. it's not just about donald trump.
11:13 pm
we are also also transfixed, any politician around the globe who stands up, they are immediately called racist. they are called fascist, they are called bigots. antifa is all over the globe going after these people and i saw it firsthand so we got to stop this. >> jason: i look at the comments that senator harris and senator warren made about michael brown and calling that a murder, they are not doing anything to actually help calm the tension because that wasn't actually -- i have to move on, but vice president biden, he has a treasure trove when it comes to making gaps.let for a second. >> poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.we choose truth over facts. international leaders spoke about it. you have people likemargaret th, the former chairman and the leader of the party in germany.
11:14 pm
they kids came up to see me when i was vice president. >> people may speak, i misspeak, but most people have done this. how can the democrats actually survive week in and week out almost daily? this is the leader of the democratic party at this point. >> full disclosure, i've knownja friend of mine say in was 5 years old. >> you've done very well, young man. [laughter] when you are ain this moment as a candidate, it is possible with all the experience that you have, and he has more than anybody in the race, that you could get signals crossed. i still think that he's a very strong candidate, and i haven't declared for anyone, i want to make that clear.so, has he made, everybody recognizes that. the question is whether that's going wear on the democratic regulars who are currently supporting him. >> you have to know your
11:15 pm
strengths and your weaknessesas? one of joe biden's obvious weaknesses is when he goes out and doesn't stick to the smith. >> that's not joe biden. he never does that. >> >> the other thing is to weave these two topics together. joe biden's leading these polls because he continues to get outstanding support from african-americans in the democratic party.with the posit, post-birth abortions, the hyde amdment, you can't crack down on illegal immigration, it is questionable if he holds on do that african-american support and doesn't flip to the other candidates. >> if you look at what as happened in the past presidential races, if you are right up there at the top of the spot, it's not necessarily likely that you will get the nomination. >> with 20 candidates in the race -- >> and may be more.who knows who
11:16 pm
happen. >> are you counting -- >> lawsuitly. she's bringing the spirit into this. >> you know what, we need a spiritual perspective in our politics. >> well he's got some spiritual perspective.thank you very mucho appreciate it. coming up, what everyone is missing about anti-trump fbi official peter strzok. trey gowdy is here with the facts and exclusive insight next. stay with us. >> and your testimony is bob mueller did not kick you off because of the content of your context? >> kicked me off because of bias and i don't appreciate what was originally said being changed. >> i don't give a damn what you.
11:17 pm
11:18 pm
hey! i'm bill slowsky jr., i live on my own now! i've got xfinity, because i like to live life in the fast lane. unlike my parents. you rambling about xfinity again? you're so cute when you get excited...
11:19 pm
anyways... i've got their app right here, i can troubleshoot. i can schedule a time for them to call me back, it's great! you have our number programmed in? ya i don't even know your phone anymore... excuse me?! what? i don't know your phone number. aw well. he doesn't know our phone number! you have our fax number, obviously... today's xfinity service. simple. easy. awesome. i'll pass. >> we have exclusive new details tonight about former fbi agent peter strzok's lawsuit over his firing.the career agent infamously sent a number of anti-trump text to his girl friend and lover lisa page during the russia investigation and was ultimately let go. last week, he filed a lawsuit claiming he was fired "as a result of unrelenting pressure from president trump and his political allies in congress and the media which included "constantt tweets and other disparaging statements by the president, as well as direct
11:20 pm
appeals from the president and then attorney general jefferson sessions and fbi director christopher wray. joining me now is trey gowdy.fot chairman of the house oversight committee and fox news contributor. i had the pleasure and honor of serving with mr. gowdy throughout my time in congress and i like the spectacle that you have going on now. we are expecting something dramatic with your hair or your suit, but i love the glasses and i'm glad that you could join us here tonight. >> mick mulvaney told me that glasses make you look smarter but i don't think this works for either one of us. >> no, it certainly didn't work for mick mulvaney. thank you so much for joining us here. you are one of the few people you and john radcliffe who have read the unredacted version of
11:21 pm
fthe so-called 302, you have peter strzok who was fired because the president was tweeting about him but what's a reality about how and why he was fired? >> remember he said he was fired because he was exercising his constitutional right to free speech, but he also offered to accept a 60-day demotion. he offered to take a cut in pay, and he expressed a profound remorse. so you don't express profound remorse for exercizing constitutionally protected right and you don't agree to a 60 day suspension, a cut in pay and a demotion if you ain't done nothing wrong. so that's what he did. who fired him? it wasn't any of the people he sued, ironically enough, it was the deputy director of the fbi. it was david bowditch. he's a career fbi guy, he's not aa political appointee. let me give you a flavor of his background. he was a local cop that became a .areau agent, he was a s.w.a.t.
11:22 pm
team guy. and this isnd what he did when he was in the bureau. he investigated street gangs in los angeles like the bloods and the crips. he investigated mexican drug cartels and a group called hells angels. not "charlie's angels," hells angels. i don't think a guy who has done that for his entire career in law enforcement is going to be intimidated by a tweet or two from anybody, and that's who made the decision to fire strzok. >>ir that's interesting. these are a actually found on his government issued phones and, as i recall, it was michael horowitz who is the inspector general who had to engagera the pentagon to develop the algorithm because the fbi said they couldn't find these texts. but, sure enough, they went to the pentagon, develop the algorithm and they did magically get the text. >> yeah, i think horowitz found some of them and then there was a gap where it was missing.he w. he's done a fantastic job and i
11:23 pm
see with the suicide of jeffrey epstein or the apparent suicide, he has more work on his handssince i was the federal buu of prisons. he was a straight shooter and he did find him, he does deserve credit for that. but if it weren't for horowitz we would never know the person leading the russia investigation had an historic level of animus toward the person he claimed to be dispassionately investigating. >> it truly is amazing. i want to move on to bruce ohr. he was the associate deputy attorney general and director of the department of justice organized crime and drug enforcement task force. that's his title. >> we call it ocade.
11:24 pm
>> the acronym here. but why would he be involved and engaged in any proximity to trump, russia and the probe that -- itn' makes no sense. >> i don't know, let me think.is it couldn't be because his wife was working for fusion gps? i read those 302s several years ago. i'm just as stunned. i used to work for the department of justice and i hold it in very high regard. but, you have an fbi source who was defrocked. he was let go because he couldn't follow the rules, and by the way, he said he was desperate top keep donald trump from becoming the president. they got rid of him and they canned him, legitimately so. then he finds a willing conduit of information. that's christopher steele. so steele, he can't talk to the bureau anymore so he talks to a senior level doj official, andhn through a prosecutor. it's unheard of. first of all, imagine a local cop or local informant or source
11:25 pm
who was let go because they are biased and because they can't follow the rules. you wouldn't want them on any kind of case and much less an investigationem like this. but bruce ohr carried his information to doj and put himself in the chain of custody which is also unheard of for a prosecutor. i'm stunned when i read the articles, but i knew about it a year ago so ire guess my level f stunment has dissipated some. >> jason: and nellie ohr is 1 of less than 20 employees at fusion gps.it was the f.b.i. ths you could no longer do business with mr. steele but this timeline is such that they continue to do business together.right? >> right, but why?he wouldn't ee f.b.i.'s own rules. they have a source that they can't keep as a source.he can't.
11:26 pm
you can't talk to the media, he is it anyway. -- he did it anyway. the punishment is, you are no longer a source. the punishment is not you get your information to the doj another way, it doesn't work that way. >> jerry nadler has caused ath t of confusion on a lot of frontss ivolved with. the idea is is this impeachment or is it not impeachment? is it formal impeachment or informal impeachment. which is it? >> unction you wear a tuxedo instead of a hawaiian shirt if it is formal. what is informal impeachment? you have some really charismatic politicians, and he will be in trouble in the next electionpsyp the pays. put it on the floor for impeachment or don't and shut up. nobody is falling for this formal versus and formal
11:27 pm
impeachment.file articles of im, ail winin on the floor, you're lose in front of the jury, go ahead and do it. but there is no such thing as informal impeachment. >> i love that. just don't wear a tie.informal . >> or tails or gloves. >> congressman, thank you very much. >> thank you, jason. >> one of measure's best. we appreciate you being here. up next, new details and the death of jeffrey epstein.a live.
11:28 pm
11:29 pm
11:30 pm
>> jason: attorney general bill barr today is promising to get answers about accused childs death, who apparently committed suicide less than 24 hours after prosecutors unsealed a trove of documents in his case alleged sexual abuse, allegations against prominent financiers and businessmen.following breaking s case, trace gallagher is live with the late-breaking details.trace. >> this is the same jail that without incident housed the likes of monster john gotti, and drug kingpin el chapo and yet sex offender jeffrey epstein had two incidences, one of them was fatal. that's why attorney generalef bl barr said this. watch. >> i was appalled and indeed the
11:31 pm
whole department was, and frankly, angry to learn of the ncc's failure to adequately secure this prisoner. >> barr also talked about irregularities and a series of misstepped start on july 23 when epstein was found with bruises on his neck. he saidst he was beaten up but e injuries were treated as self-inflicted and he was put on suicide watch. 24-hours later, after assessment with attorneys and psychiatrists, he was released. epstein was placed in the special housing unit with a cellmate. which is policy. but for unknown reasons, the cellmate transferred out so for an amount of time epstein was alone. prior to being found unresponsive, epstein hadn't been checked for several hours. the union that represents prison guards blames understaffing saying the two guards on duty
11:32 pm
were working overtime. and the associated press says one wasn't even officially a prison guard,simply a correctio. there is no surveillance cameras in or outside of epstein cell and our corporate cousin "the new york post" says that jeffrey epstein hanged himself with the bedsheet tied to the top bunk. even thoughlfo the autopsy is complete, results are pending because in medical examiner apparently needs more information.jayson. >> trace, thank you. thank you for that, and late-breaking news about one of these people evidently wasn'tevn employee, not a guard there. joining me, former fbi special agent in charge. and, bob driscoll, former assistant attorney general forc. gentlemen, thank you both for coming in. when you hear this late news
11:33 pm
coming out from trace gallon letter that one of the two people there -- from trace gallagher that one of the two people there wasn't even a guard, just an employee, what does that tell you? everything seems a little bit too convenient here and nothing adds up in this case. what's your take on this? >> thanks, jason. i will tell you in having investigated cases before for the fbi involving crimes in the federal prison, there are policies in place and systems,hg as a guard that is not a guard there's no way it could be an exception. the fbi will look at everything that was done in the policy is in place, what was violated, and people will be held accountable. >> jason: do we really believe they'll, bob, that people will be held accountable? i was chairman of the oversight committee and the last thing
11:34 pm
that i saw happen with people being held accountable. >> when i was in the governmente civil rights division, and we would come down on a. state or county jailif they didn plan. it's a little bit embarrassing forri the department to have thr own head of prisons involved in something like this which i think is why attorney general barr came out pretty strong his statement. i think -- it depends on what you consider being held accountable.i suspect there wile that identify they did something wrong. something like this should not happen, i this is not a three ce that doesn'tre have the capability. this is where the united states government puts its highest profile prisoners awaiting trial in new york, and this is an identified suicide risk. there's no way this should happen. >> jason: john, i talked to afod me, you know what, prosecutors,
11:35 pm
judges, people who make decisions within the department of corrections they don't give a hoot when the defense attorney says we will take them off of suicide watch then they magically say we takec him off suicide watch because he wants to be. nobody is buying that crap. >> obviously, there had to be some serious legal maneuvers.thn suicide watch that problem doesn't go away overnight. most of these guys who have committed these types of offensesty know their life is going to be terrible.they're toe rest of their life, hethey are not even going to be liked by p the other prisoners.. most of them consider suicide at one point or another but i and my career had multiple subjects kill themselves rather than be taken into custody,knowing what. it's unusual why he was not on suicide watch. >> jason: bob, i don't know ift,
11:36 pm
there's something like only one other person in a period of decades that had actually been successful in committing suicide at this particular facility. they are not going to have somebody who is just a couple weeks ago either self-inflicted or trying to commit suicide suddenly in a cell by himself with no video, without the actual correction officers, and not checking for hours with materials that would allow him to hang himself off of a bunk bed. are you kidding me? >> this is what is so inexplicable about o it. are the suicide gowns that you can give prisoners that are made out of material that you can't hang yourself with.te there are cells that you could have that have literally no place you can string something there are things that can be done.these facilities, most of e are structural and procedural, it has to be if they weren't
11:37 pm
followed.he couldn't have been d regularly.y. the attorneys couldn't have had that much of an influence. i represent maria butino, an alleged russian spy. i had many conversations when she was incarcerated and she still is. you are the defense attorney and they understand that and they are going to do with they think is best for the prisoner. just f in my example, her first six weeks in d.c. jail, she was checked every 15 minutes 24 hours a day, to the point where she couldn't sleep.so, clg they take seriously with respect to most high-profile prisoners. >> her story is another story for another night. i want to come back to the f.b.i. what can they do at this point, what will they be able to have access to and have they gatherey done these interviews, or is this something that conveniently they take a long time to do? >> the fbih. is very thorough.ve
11:38 pm
they've already startedgather i. they've interviewed many of the people already but they are going to talk to everyone. they will look at the evidence and they have photographs to examine the scene. they will be there for the autopsy and the actual room when it's being done as well as have the autopsy records. nothing will be left unaddressed because we don't want this to ever happen, not just in this location but every federal facility throughout the country. >> jason: and, bob, what's a reasonable time, when should we actually see this.the you a au, when should we actually see this? >> i would say a matter of weeks. the government moved slowly but this is a very discreet situation. we are talking about a small number of guards who had access to him that night, a small number of guards that would have been all responsible. you interview those people,you u determine whether or not they were followed.avoid from the frf the actual autopsy,
11:39 pm
i don't see what would take an coincredible amount of time in this. there is no reason for whoever was dispatched to do this can't come to a conclusion within a number of weeks and then write it up. >> this will be in the hands of our inspector general horowitz.f this sooner rather than later. this is totally inexcusable.i th your expertise tonight. coming up, why universal finely pulled the plug on that horrible movie that glorified hunting "deplorables." horace cooper and leo terrel are here next to debate
11:40 pm
11:41 pm
11:42 pm
>> every year, a bunch of elites like us. they hunt us for sport. >> that horrible movie, "the hunt," will not be coming to a theater near you anytime soon. nbc universal announcing over the weekend that they are pulling the plug on the film about liberal elites hunting deplorable's for sport. the ingraham angle first exposer the left wing fetish film last week. >> this, it sounds like something that should have already been pulled from production. >> consider the cultural impact of a movie like this, that you should kill your political adversaries. pull thisshould
11:43 pm
movie, it is just going to inspire more hate. >> that's good for laura and raymond. here now is horace cooper co-chairman of 2 project 21 and leo terrel, civil rights attorney. and it, i'm glad to see the universal to.i help to maintain. when you see this horrific film, it gives pause to say why did they evergreen light this project. >> this is part of hollywood's problem, this fever dream on the part of a couple of writers and directors and producers saying let's just talk to a small segment was the american society and have this idea, a murder fetish, it wasn't fog make any money, nevergo is going to make any money and it is a sign hollywood is really out of the ideas. it is really pitiful when you think about it when they're really good idea, credible ideas that could have been put forward
11:44 pm
do you remember the movie deliverance? that was aor movie which we took people from a particular geographical location and we took otherer people, mixed themn and you had a really, really intense, amazing movie. this isn't anything like that. and it is a good thing they ovdecided to pull it because at least now the money they've spent, they're not going to waste any more with needing to market i want to get yours response to that. listen first tomo donald trump's reaction in general, not about this film about hollywood. >> hollywood is really terrible you talk about racist, hollywood is racist. what they are doing with the kind of movies they are putting out, it's actually very dangerous for our country. what hollywood is doing is a tremendous disservice to our country. >> do you buy into that, it's donald trump right on this one? >> absolutely. and that's what i'm hearing.dont executive producers of movies
11:45 pm
and something called censorship. that's when i'm hearing. it is censorship, let me be very clear. >> the government hasn't shut anything down. >> can i finish my comment? >> sure. >> the movie has been pulled for a variety of reasons.remember o? it was pulled because of the shooting in vegas. and the schwarze schwarze movie it was pulled because of a shooting. my point is this, let hollywood decide what to sell to the american public and let the public decide it it is a worthwhile movie to attend. not the president, not horace. this expression of free ideas let it continue in hollywood. >> there is no censorship. the government hasn't said anything. government hasn't in any way interfered with this piece of junk coming forward. common sense has prevailed, and
11:46 pm
instead -- >> isn't president trump part of the government? >> he hasn't denied any rights-, he hasn't had anyone arrested there has been no actual effort been the part of the government. >> what are we arguing about? >> hollywood has the right to make movie. hollywood has the right to make movie so what's the big deal? because don't like to, horace, the president doesn't like it. let me jump in here. horace, hold anding second. leo, the whole universe of things they choose to do and universal is spending how many millions of dollars to talk deplorables, something that was introduced by hillary clinton they're going to go out and kill these people. if you don't see that on the surface. ultimately, universal made the right decision but it wasn't from laura ingraham and some
11:47 pm
others talking about it, they would have put that out. >> i think the timing in texas is a motivating factor. has anyone commented on similar ymovies, death wish and collateral damage. >> there are all kinds of movies where people are killing people. no doubt about it. personally, i think hollywood is much too violent. if you don't think it has any effect on any of your kids go back and watch mr. rogers, that is a good film, you watch mr. rogers and what he believes is the impact on our youth when we started getting after violence when these kids are young -- >> now, jason, now you are a hollywood producer now. >> no, i'm not. why. >> why do people lose their right as a citizen to comment on these movies, these movies that are violent, these movies that i find disturbing messaging. that's. >> that's what makes this country great, we have the right
11:48 pm
to disagree. >> and we have t a right to stad up and say we don't like it, it is not good and thank goodness laura ingraham brought this up so this movie doesn't go forward. >> you think a movie about killing delovables is good. i want you to weigh in on al sharpton when he tried to show up. watch this video. >> this is a well respected member of congress. >> you go back to new york. you're a phony. >> where were you when our schools were failing. you're just a hustler going back where you came from. >> is he a hustler? the citizen there that approached him called him a hustler. >> let me be very clear here.beu report, i mean, you report and the people decide. maybe, look, 9% of african-americans support donald trump. 91% of african-americans are going to vote him out of office.
11:49 pm
>> i don't buy that at all. >> those are facts. >> it's not a fact. >> 9%. >> it is not a fact. that's a small portion of people, it is not a fact. and al not so sharpton got a chance for the american people, many of the people he claims to speak for, and they told him the truth. they called him out as the poverty pimp he is. this man has done little to nothing. >> 90% of americans will vote trump out of office, i guarantee you, 90%. >> i can't wait. i have to tend right here, gentlemen, thank you so much. and we're going to brick you back when trump -- we will see if that 90% turns out to be
11:50 pm
tree. coming up, a tennis star's fight for faith after being fired for her religious believes. a her father is here to share te truth. stay right there. devices are like doorways that could allow hackers into your home. and like all doors, they're safer when locked. that's why you need xfinity xfi. with the xfi gateway, devices connected to your homes wifi are protected.
11:51 pm
which helps keep people outside from accessing your passwords, credit cards and cameras. and people inside from accidentally visiting sites that aren't secure. and if someone trys we'll let you know. xfi advanced security. if it's connected, it's protected. call, click, or visit a store today.
11:52 pm
mno kidding.rd. but moving your internet and tv? that's easy. easy?! easy? easy. because now xfinity lets you transfer your service online in just about a minute with a few simple steps. really? really. that was easy. yup. plus, with two-hour appointment windows, it's all on your schedule. awesome. now all you have to do is move...that thing. [ sigh ] introducing an easier way to move with xfinity. it's just another way we're working to make your life simple, easy, awesome. go to xfinity.com/moving to get started. >> high school tennis start joelle chung taking washington
11:53 pm
state's athletics three court, thein accusing them of religious discrimination. she claimed they violated her religious freedom for rescheduling the tournament on saturday, which is the sabbath for seven day adventists to another day. we have paul chung, joelle's father and their attorney. your son is a sophomore and also involved in this suit. now, joelle must be an amazing tennis player because she was undefeated for the entire year, but why did you openly decide to file this suit? >> are you asking me or joseph? >> yes. >> okay. well, i felt like in the wiaa was discriminating against our children based on our religious beliefs, and you know, joelle went undefeated her senior year, was expected to make it to the
11:54 pm
state championship tournament, but you know, changing the day off of saturday was one request, but the other main request was to let her play until sabbath became an issue and then let her withdraw, but wia said, no, you bun't do that. if you can't finish the whole tournament then you't can't play in any of it, so she didn't get to play in any of the post season. >> i didn't realize that. now, joseph, you're the attorney there. my understanding is that there have been alterations made in tennis and golf along wait to accommodate other religious beliefs. what's unique about this case? >> that's right. they've done a long way to accommodate religious believes in other sports moving tournaments from the sabbath to weekdays and they've also accommodated people who get sick or injured in the tournament. like what paul said, what is streaking about the case is how unnecessary the actions were.
11:55 pm
they could have allowed another play until there was a sabbath conflict at that point and she could drop out and let someone else play at that point. which is exactly what they did if season gets specific they wouldn't extend that because of religious reasons. >> what was their reason to not let her start the tournament, she problemly with have run, but she wasn't evenn allowed to stat because of herry ledgous belief, why? >> -- her religious belief. why? >> they said it wouldn't be fair because of the people she eliminated along the way. how fair was it for her to be eliminated at the beginning. >> that doesn't make any sense. what's the j lesson that joelles learning what's your message to other people going through this? >> you know, joelle wanted to stand up for her religious beliefs, she wanted to help her
11:56 pm
team, but her commitment to god is more important than playing tennis, so she was very disappointed that she couldn't help the team. but, you know, she shouldn't have to choose between religion and playing tennis. >> my understanding is she even had to skip her graduation. aunt know what, wedale with this in utah and i'm sure across the nation, but i'm proud of the fact when people stand up and say religion is more important to me than some sport, so good for them. thank you both for joining us. we'll be right back. ..
11:57 pm
11:58 pm
11:59 pm
>> jason: that's all >> that's all the time we have tonight. jesse waters will guest host tomorrow and i want to encourage you to preorder a copy of my new
12:00 am
book power grab, the liberal scheme to undermine trump, the gop and republic, democrats want to negate the results of 2016 and make changes in 2020. shannon bream and the fox news at 19, take it from here. shannon: federal prosecutor sitting their sites and any possible conspiracy to enable jeffrey epstein in what authorities say was rampant sexual abuse of underage girls. fbi agent searching the grounds of his home right now for clues and we continue to dig for information about what really happened in his jail cell and a new move on immigration and critics announced they are taking the president to court. what the administration says about how immigrants take care of themselves as critics claim it is another racist policy and

0 Views

info Stream Only

Uploaded by TV Archive on